How to Write a GOTV Plan
Get-Out-The-Vote (GOTV) efforts are activities specifically designed to make sure your supporters vote on Election Day.
Outline Your GOTV Plans
- When and to whom will you distribute absentee ballots?
- When will you set up and how will you staff/operate Election Day phone banks?
- Will you use auto-calls to motivate voters in the final week of the campaign? If so, whose voice will you utilize?
- How will you recruit, train and deploy volunteers to work the polls?
- Will your campaign provide rides to the polls?
- Will you develop an Election Day ‘flushing’ operation?
Unless you translate your support into votes, you will not win—no matter how much money you raise, how compelling your message.