Papers and Specialty Press
Newspaper ads are most effective in small towns and rural communities where the local paper still remains the major source of news.
- Ads should be:
- Professionally designed
- Communicate your message visually
- Well placed within the paper
- Run often enough to break through to the reader
While it is not a stand-alone strategy, it can be a positive addition to a well-rounded media plan.
- Many specialty outlets will be willing to cover your campaign if you invest in purchasing ads
- Many constituencies are only an afterthought in the days leading up to Election Day and forgotten the day after
- Early advertising in the specialty press can establish you as sensitive to the issues and eager for their support
When advertising in a something written in another language, be sure that your ad appears in that language as well.