A radio feed is a recorded quote, no longer than a sound bite that is sent to local radio stations for use in their broadcasts.
- No longer than 30 seconds in length
- Include both a lead in and closing line from a staff member giving context
An actuality is a feed for which the quote was recorded during an “actual” event or speech.
How to Use Them
- Acquire materials necessary for feeds (microphone, two cassette recorders and a supply of tapes)
- Prepare and send feeds to local radio stations at least once per week
- Send them in the early morning so they are available for use by drive-time hosts in need of content